Inclusive Learning Conference 2016
Save the Date: Friday 10 June 2016
Monash University, Peninsula, Campus McMahons Rd, Frankston
Target: Professionals with an interest in learning and education for people with disability aged 14 years and over with complex learning needs.
Call for Presentation Papers Open 23 November 2015
Early Bird Registrations Open 1 February 2016
Call for Presentation Papers Close 22 February 2016
Early Bird Registrations Close 25 April 2016
Registrations Close 30 May 2016
Call for presentation papers
Practitioners are encouraged to submit a short paper outlining a presentation to share experience and knowledge of inclusive practices that lead to positive outcomes within a classroom or vocational training environment.
Lightning presentations will be a 10 minute stand up and talk demonstration on a specific targeted topic and allow 5 minutes for questions.
Workshops or general presentations will be 40 minutes plus 10 minutes for questions.
- Incorporating diversity within a classroom;
- Modification of programs, course material, activities, assignments and exams;
- Strategies and activities that enhance opportunities for student self realisation, self knowledge, autonomy, self advocacy and self efficacy;
- Case studies of best practice in vocational preparation and vocational training;
- Mentoring programs in education, VET and employment.
The Conference organisers particularly invite participation from:
- Secondary Teachers/ Teacher Aides/ School Leaders;
- Education Consultants;
- Education sectors – government/ non government (Senior managers/ Principals, leaders and all educators);
- Therapists/ Counsellors;
- Researchers and academics; and
- Tertiary Educators (RTO/TAFE/University) and students.
Download presentation submission form
For further information about the Inclusive Learning Conference 2016
Sally Bailey National Disability Coordination Officer firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 9784 0400