SELLEN has developed a program and resources to aid with the capacity building of training seekers to assist them in making more informed decisions when it comes to training courses and training providers. There are a range of resources in the Resource Vault freely available to assist case workers and teachers with clients/students that are seeking quality training options.
The Young Parents Education Program reconnects young parents to access VCAL in a supportive and flexible environment.
A holistic approach means babies are in class with their parents whilst studying VCAL and learning great parenting tips from experts within the community.
The Young Parents Program means the young person can:
- complete Foundation/Intermediate/Senior VCAL studies to develop skills in areas of interest to them
- obtain direct experience in business & industry, developing skills and attitudes required in the workplace
- develop Literacy and Numeracy skills
- complete a nationally accredited Cert II in Business Administration
- successfully complete VCAL and a pathway to an apprenticeship, traineeship, employment or further studies
- learn about early parenting
- join in early childhood workshops
Places are limited to a maximum of 16 young parents in total and entry is via interview.
Contact: Kathie Jacobs on 0410 490 007
Venue: Cranbourne Secondary College, Stawell St. Cranbourne
Session Times: Mon, Thurs & Fri 9:30 – 2:30
To download the flyer, please click HERE
The South East LLEN’s new Alternative Learning Guide is now available!
To download, click HERE!
South East VET Cluster Meeting Dates for 2017
1:00pm – 1:30pm with light refreshments and networking
1:30pm – 3:30pm South East VET Cluster Meeting
1. 23 February 2017
2. 4 May 2017 (Dandenong High School)
3. 1 June 2017 (Berwick Secondary)
4. 27 July 2017 (Hallam Senior College)
5. 7 September 2017 (Narre Community learning Centre)
6. 7 December 2017 (TBA)