The Business and Industry section of the South East LLEN website provides you with information including skills shortages, School based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SbAT’s), career opportunities and emerging projects within the region including the Dandenong First and the Port of Hastings projects.
The Business and Industry section will aim to deliver information that will keep you informed on future job prospects that may develop in order to create a range of opportunities for young people in our region.
The low down on skills shortages and emerging industries in the South East
The biggest employing industries in the region are:
- Transport and Logistics
- Education and Training
- Building and Construction
- Allied Health and Community Services
TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS
- Manufacturing is still a major employer in the region
- It is expected that there will be 45,000 new jobs created in the region over the next 5 years
- It is expected that there will be 30,000 job vacancies in the region as a result of retirements over the next 5 years