With the expansion of VET offerings in schools and the large number of staff in schools in Southern Melbourne who are new to VET teaching, the working party felt that it was important to encourage VET trainers to attend this unique and valuable event.
- Who is it for: School staff including teachers, ES and RTO based staff. RTO based trainers can choose to register for the whole day or just the afternoon session. (session times will be clarified closer to the date).
- The intention of the day is to provide professional learning for:
- School based trainers who will gain an understanding of the ongoing expectations around maintaining their TAE and Industry Currency. They will hear from a variety of guest speakers who are experts in their field and attend more specific industry-based workshops in the afternoon. Trainers will come away not only with a better insight as to their ongoing compliance responsibilities but will also gain a full day towards your professional development hours. You will receive a certificate reflecting the hours gained.
- RTO based trainers teaching in schools to gin n understanding of school protocols and procedures and the unique environment in school settings compared to adult learning environments.
- When: Monday 4th March 9.15-3pm
- Where: Hallam Secondary College
How to register and by when: Registration CLOSES Friday 23rd Feb for this event. Spots are limited so please register using the event website by Friday 23rd Feb. Registration should take no more than 2 minutes of your time!